13 Nov 2018
Research article | 13 Nov 2018
Monitoring snow depth change across a range of landscapes with ephemeral snowpacks using structure from motion applied to lightweight unmanned aerial vehicle videos
Richard Fernandes et al.
Total article views: 2,490 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 15 May 2018)Views and downloads (calculated since 15 May 2018)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,214 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,204 with geography defined and 10 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,635 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,629 with geography defined and 6 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 579 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 575 with geography defined and 4 with unknown origin.
14 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Assessing the Ability of Structure From Motion to Map High‐Resolution Snow Surface Elevations in Complex Terrain: A Case Study From Senator Beck Basin, CO J. Meyer & S. Skiles 10.1029/2018WR024518
- Mapping Glacier Ablation With a UAV in the North Cascades: A Structure-from-Motion Approach S. Healy & A. Khan 10.3389/frsen.2021.764765
- Estimating Snow Depth and Leaf Area Index Based on UAV Digital Photogrammetry T. Lendzioch et al. 10.3390/s19051027
- Quantifying Uncertainties in Snow Depth Mapping From Structure From Motion Photogrammetry in an Alpine Area J. Goetz & A. Brenning 10.1029/2019WR025251
- Application of Fixed-Wing UAV-Based Photogrammetry Data for Snow Depth Mapping in Alpine Conditions M. Masný et al. 10.3390/drones5040114
- Deriving Land and Water Surface Elevations in the Northeastern Yucatán Peninsula Using PPK GPS and UAV-Based Structure from Motion T. Pingel et al. 10.1080/23754931.2021.1871937
- Unpiloted Aerial Vehicle Retrieval of Snow Depth Over Freshwater Lake Ice Using Structure From Motion G. Gunn et al. 10.3389/frsen.2021.675846
- Leveraging AI to Estimate Caribou Lichen in UAV Orthomosaics from Ground Photo Datasets G. Richardson et al. 10.3390/drones5030099
- Citizen science for monitoring seasonal-scale beach erosion and behaviour with aerial drones N. Pucino et al. 10.1038/s41598-021-83477-6
- Applications of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in Cryosphere: Latest Advances and Prospects C. Gaffey & A. Bhardwaj 10.3390/rs12060948
- Snow depth mapping with unpiloted aerial system lidar observations: a case study in Durham, New Hampshire, United States J. Jacobs et al. 10.5194/tc-15-1485-2021
- Intercomparison of UAV platforms for mapping snow depth distribution in complex alpine terrain J. Revuelto et al. 10.1016/j.coldregions.2021.103344
- A Call for More Snow Sampling S. Fassnacht 10.3390/geosciences11110435
- Repeat mapping of snow depth across an alpine catchment with RPAS photogrammetry T. Redpath et al. 10.5194/tc-12-3477-2018
Latest update: 08 Aug 2022