Monitoring snow depth change across a range of landscapes with ephemeral snowpacks using structure from motion applied to lightweight unmanned aerial vehicle videos
Total article views: 3,144 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 15 May 2018)Views and downloads (calculated since 15 May 2018)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 3,144 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,848 with geography defined and 296 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 2,461 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,230 with geography defined and 231 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 683 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 618 with geography defined and 65 with unknown origin.
24 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Assessing the Ability of Structure From Motion to Map High‐Resolution Snow Surface Elevations in Complex Terrain: A Case Study From Senator Beck Basin, CO J. Meyer & S. Skiles 10.1029/2018WR024518
- Collaborative wildlife–snow science: Integrating wildlife and snow expertise to improve research and management A. Reinking et al. 10.1002/ecs2.4094
- Mapping Glacier Ablation With a UAV in the North Cascades: A Structure-from-Motion Approach S. Healy & A. Khan 10.3389/frsen.2021.764765
- Estimating Snow Depth and Leaf Area Index Based on UAV Digital Photogrammetry T. Lendzioch et al. 10.3390/s19051027
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle-Based Structure from Motion Technique for Precise Snow Depth Retrieval—Implication for Optimal Ground Control Point Deployment Strategy S. Shu et al. 10.3390/rs15092297
- Quantifying Uncertainties in Snow Depth Mapping From Structure From Motion Photogrammetry in an Alpine Area J. Goetz & A. Brenning 10.1029/2019WR025251
- Application of Fixed-Wing UAV-Based Photogrammetry Data for Snow Depth Mapping in Alpine Conditions M. Masný et al. 10.3390/drones5040114
- Deriving Land and Water Surface Elevations in the Northeastern Yucatán Peninsula Using PPK GPS and UAV-Based Structure from Motion T. Pingel et al. 10.1080/23754931.2021.1871937
- Unpiloted Aerial Vehicle Retrieval of Snow Depth Over Freshwater Lake Ice Using Structure From Motion G. Gunn et al. 10.3389/frsen.2021.675846
- Mapping snow depth and volume at the alpine watershed scale from aerial imagery using Structure from Motion J. Meyer et al. 10.3389/feart.2022.989792
- Leveraging AI to Estimate Caribou Lichen in UAV Orthomosaics from Ground Photo Datasets G. Richardson et al. 10.3390/drones5030099
- Citizen science for monitoring seasonal-scale beach erosion and behaviour with aerial drones N. Pucino et al. 10.1038/s41598-021-83477-6
- New opportunities for low-cost LiDAR-derived snow depth estimates from a consumer drone-mounted smartphone F. King et al. 10.1016/j.coldregions.2022.103757
- Measuring the spatiotemporal variability in snow depth in subarctic environments using UASs – Part 2: Snow processes and snow–canopy interactions L. Meriö et al. 10.5194/tc-17-4363-2023
- Applications of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in Cryosphere: Latest Advances and Prospects C. Gaffey & A. Bhardwaj 10.3390/rs12060948
- Measuring the spatiotemporal variability in snow depth in subarctic environments using UASs – Part 1: Measurements, processing, and accuracy assessment A. Rauhala et al. 10.5194/tc-17-4343-2023
- Snow depth mapping with unpiloted aerial system lidar observations: a case study in Durham, New Hampshire, United States J. Jacobs et al. 10.5194/tc-15-1485-2021
- Intercomparison of UAV platforms for mapping snow depth distribution in complex alpine terrain J. Revuelto et al. 10.1016/j.coldregions.2021.103344
- Albedo change from snow algae blooms can contribute substantially to snow melt in the North Cascades, USA S. Healy & A. Khan 10.1038/s43247-023-00768-8
- A Call for More Snow Sampling S. Fassnacht 10.3390/geosciences11110435
- Virtual snow stakes: a new method for snow depth measurement at remote camera stations K. Strickfaden et al. 10.1002/wsb.1481
- Dense neural network outperforms other machine learning models for scaling-up lichen cover maps in Eastern Canada G. Richardson et al. 10.1371/journal.pone.0292839
- Evaluation of LiDAR-Derived Snow Depth Estimates From the iPhone 12 Pro F. King et al. 10.1109/LGRS.2022.3166665
- Repeat mapping of snow depth across an alpine catchment with RPAS photogrammetry T. Redpath et al. 10.5194/tc-12-3477-2018
Latest update: 02 Dec 2023