Articles | Volume 11, issue 3
© Author(s) 2017. This work is distributed underthe Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
Brief communication: Impacts of ocean-wave-induced breakup of Antarctic sea ice via thermodynamics in a stand-alone version of the CICE sea-ice model
Total article views: 2,583 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 19 Dec 2016)Views and downloads (calculated since 19 Dec 2016)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,583 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,432 with geography defined and 151 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,961 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,847 with geography defined and 114 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 622 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 585 with geography defined and 37 with unknown origin.
28 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Wave-induced stress and breaking of sea ice in a coupled hydrodynamic discrete-element wave–ice model A. Herman 10.5194/tc-11-2711-2017
- Modelling wave-induced sea ice break-up in the marginal ice zone F. Montiel & V. Squire 10.1098/rspa.2017.0258
- Marginal ice zone fraction benchmarks sea ice and climate model skill C. Horvat 10.1038/s41467-021-22004-7
- Wind, waves, and surface currents in the Southern Ocean: observations from the Antarctic Circumnavigation Expedition M. Derkani et al. 10.5194/essd-13-1189-2021
- Dispersion Relations, Power Laws, and Energy Loss for Waves in the Marginal Ice Zone M. Meylan et al. 10.1002/2018JC013776
- Three-dimensional time-domain scattering of waves in the marginal ice zone M. Meylan & L. Bennetts 10.1098/rsta.2017.0334
- Advances in Modeling Interactions Between Sea Ice and Ocean Surface Waves L. Roach et al. 10.1029/2019MS001836
- Impact of sea ice floe size distribution on seasonal fragmentation and melt of Arctic sea ice A. Bateson et al. 10.5194/tc-14-403-2020
- Estimates of spectral wave attenuation in Antarctic sea ice, using model/data inversion W. Rogers et al. 10.1016/j.coldregions.2020.103198
- Brief communication: Pancake ice floe size distribution during the winter expansion of the Antarctic marginal ice zone A. Alberello et al. 10.5194/tc-13-41-2019
- Water wave transmission and energy dissipation by a floating plate in the presence of overwash F. Nelli et al. 10.1017/jfm.2020.75
- Changes of the Arctic marginal ice zone during the satellite era R. Rolph et al. 10.5194/tc-14-1971-2020
- An Emergent Sea Ice Floe Size Distribution in a Global Coupled Ocean‐Sea Ice Model L. Roach et al. 10.1029/2017JC013692
- Ocean Wave Interactions with Sea Ice: A Reappraisal V. Squire 10.1146/annurev-fluid-010719-060301
- Spectral Modeling of Ice-Induced Wave Decay Q. Liu et al. 10.1175/JPO-D-19-0187.1
- Towards a coupled model to investigate wave–sea ice interactions in the Arctic marginal ice zone G. Boutin et al. 10.5194/tc-14-709-2020
- Challenges and Prospects in Ocean Circulation Models B. Fox-Kemper et al. 10.3389/fmars.2019.00065
- A floe size dependent scattering model in two- and three-dimensions for wave attenuation by ice floes M. Meylan et al. 10.1016/j.ocemod.2021.101779
- Floe-size distributions in laboratory ice broken by waves A. Herman et al. 10.5194/tc-12-685-2018
- Theoretical model for predicting the break-up of ice covers due to wave-ice interaction C. Zhang & X. Zhao 10.1016/j.apor.2021.102614
- Understanding Melting due to Ocean Eddy Heat Fluxes at the Edge of Sea‐Ice Floes C. Horvat & E. Tziperman 10.1029/2018GL079363
- Drift of Pancake Ice Floes in the Winter Antarctic Marginal Ice Zone During Polar Cyclones A. Alberello et al. 10.1029/2019JC015418
- Wave–sea-ice interactions in a brittle rheological framework G. Boutin et al. 10.5194/tc-15-431-2021
- Consistent biases in Antarctic sea ice concentration simulated by climate models L. Roach et al. 10.5194/tc-12-365-2018
- Wave‐Induced Surge Motion and Collisions of Sea Ice Floes: Finite‐Floe‐Size Effects A. Herman 10.1029/2018JC014500
- An improved regional coupled modeling system for Arctic sea ice simulation and prediction: a case study for 2018 C. Yang et al. 10.5194/gmd-15-1155-2022
- Wave–ice interactions in the neXtSIM sea-ice model T. Williams et al. 10.5194/tc-11-2117-2017
- Quantifying Growth of Pancake Sea Ice Floes Using Images From Drifting Buoys L. Roach et al. 10.1002/2017JC013693
Discussed (final revised paper)
Latest update: 23 Mar 2023