13 Dec 2018
Research article | 13 Dec 2018
Glacial and geomorphic effects of a supraglacial lake drainage and outburst event, Everest region, Nepal Himalaya
Evan S. Miles et al.
Total article views: 3,046 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 21 Aug 2018)Views and downloads (calculated since 21 Aug 2018)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,458 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,443 with geography defined and 15 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,640 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,630 with geography defined and 10 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 818 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 813 with geography defined and 5 with unknown origin.
23 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Glacial change and hydrological implications in the Himalaya and Karakoram Y. Nie et al. 10.1038/s43017-020-00124-w
- Simultaneous drainage events from supraglacial lakes on the southern Inylchek Glacier, Central Asia N. Sakurai et al. 10.1017/jog.2021.77
- The State of Remote Sensing Capabilities of Cascading Hazards Over High Mountain Asia D. Kirschbaum et al. 10.3389/feart.2019.00197
- Mapping ice cliffs on debris-covered glaciers using multispectral satellite images M. Kneib et al. 10.1016/j.rse.2020.112201
- Using deep learning to map retrogressive thaw slumps in the Beiluhe region (Tibetan Plateau) from CubeSat images L. Huang et al. 10.1016/j.rse.2019.111534
- Debris-covered glacier systems and associated glacial lake outburst flood hazards: challenges and prospects A. Racoviteanu et al. 10.1144/jgs2021-084
- Glacier detachments and rock-ice avalanches in the Petra Pervogo range, Tajikistan (1973–2019) S. Leinss et al. 10.5194/nhess-21-1409-2021
- Surface and subsurface hydrology of debris-covered Khumbu Glacier, Nepal, revealed by dye tracing K. Miles et al. 10.1016/j.epsl.2019.02.020
- Response of downstream lakes to Aru glacier collapses on the western Tibetan Plateau Y. Lei et al. 10.5194/tc-15-199-2021
- Evidence of glacier-permafrost interactions associated with hydro-geomorphological processes and landforms at Snøhetta, Dovrefjell, Norway F. Miesen et al. 10.1080/04353676.2021.1955539
- Morphometric evolution of Everest region debris-covered glaciers O. King et al. 10.1016/j.geomorph.2020.107422
- Reanalysing the 2007–19 glaciological mass-balance series of Mera Glacier, Nepal, Central Himalaya, using geodetic mass balance P. Wagnon et al. 10.1017/jog.2020.88
- Characterization of large tsunamigenic landslides and their effects using digital surface models: A case study from Taan Fiord, Alaska B. Corsa et al. 10.1016/j.rse.2021.112881
- Development of Supraglacial Ponds in the Everest Region, Nepal, between 1989 and 2018 M. Chand & T. Watanabe 10.3390/rs11091058
- Evaluation of effective spectral features for glacial lake mapping by using Landsat-8 OLI imagery M. Zhang et al. 10.1007/s11629-020-6255-4
- Hydrology of debris-covered glaciers in High Mountain Asia K. Miles et al. 10.1016/j.earscirev.2020.103212
- Trends, Breaks, and Biases in the Frequency of Reported Glacier Lake Outburst Floods G. Veh et al. 10.1029/2021EF002426
- Snow depth mapping from stereo satellite imagery in mountainous terrain: evaluation using airborne laser-scanning data C. Deschamps-Berger et al. 10.5194/tc-14-2925-2020
- Continuous borehole optical televiewing reveals variable englacial debris concentrations at Khumbu Glacier, Nepal K. Miles et al. 10.1038/s43247-020-00070-x
- Remote sensing of the mountain cryosphere: Current capabilities and future opportunities for research L. Taylor et al. 10.1177/03091333211023690
- Reversed Surface-Mass-Balance Gradients on Himalayan Debris-Covered Glaciers Inferred from Remote Sensing R. Bisset et al. 10.3390/rs12101563
- Automated Processing of Declassified KH-9 Hexagon Satellite Images for Global Elevation Change Analysis Since the 1970s A. Dehecq et al. 10.3389/feart.2020.566802
- Deposition of PFAS ‘forever chemicals’ on Mt. Everest K. Miner et al. 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.144421
Discussed (final revised paper)
Latest update: 30 Jun 2022