17 Oct 2018
Research article | 17 Oct 2018
A temperature- and stress-controlled failure criterion for ice-filled permafrost rock joints
Philipp Mamot et al.
Total article views: 3,023 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 28 Mar 2018)Views and downloads (calculated since 28 Mar 2018)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 3,023 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,738 with geography defined and 285 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 2,314 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,079 with geography defined and 235 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 709 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 659 with geography defined and 50 with unknown origin.
22 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Rock temperature prior to failure: Analysis of 209 rockfall events in the Mont Blanc massif (Western European Alps) A. Legay et al. 10.1002/ppp.2110
- A temperature-dependent mechanical model to assess the stability of degrading permafrost rock slopes P. Mamot et al. 10.5194/esurf-9-1125-2021
- Permafrost distribution in steep rock slopes in Norway: measurements, statistical modelling and implications for geomorphological processes F. Magnin et al. 10.5194/esurf-7-1019-2019
- Climatic and structural controls on Late‐glacial and Holocene rockfall occurrence in high‐elevated rock walls of the Mont Blanc massif (Western Alps) X. Gallach et al. 10.1002/esp.4952
- 4D quantification of alpine permafrost degradation in steep rock walls using a laboratory‐calibrated electrical resistivity tomography approach R. Scandroglio et al. 10.1002/nsg.12149
- Timing, volume and precursory indicators of rock‐ and cliff fall on a permafrost mountain ridge (Mattertal, Switzerland) H. Hendrickx et al. 10.1002/esp.5333
- Permafrost as a first order control on long-term rock-slope deformation in (Sub-)Arctic Norway P. Hilger et al. 10.1016/j.quascirev.2020.106718
- The three-stage rock failure dynamics of the Drus (Mont Blanc massif, France) since the June 2005 large event A. Guerin et al. 10.1038/s41598-020-74162-1
- Alpine rockwall erosion patterns follow elevation-dependent climate trajectories D. Draebing et al. 10.1038/s43247-022-00348-2
- The Concept of Steady State, Cyclicity and Debris Unloading of Debris-Covered Glaciers C. Mayer & C. Licciulli 10.3389/feart.2021.710276
- Fracture evolution and failure characteristics of sandstone under freeze-thaw cycling by computed tomography Y. Song et al. 10.1016/j.enggeo.2021.106370
- Brief communication: The influence of mica-rich rocks on the shear strength of ice-filled discontinuities P. Mamot et al. 10.5194/tc-14-1849-2020
- Permafrost in monitored unstable rock slopes in Norway – new insights from temperature and surface velocity measurements, geophysical surveying, and ground temperature modelling B. Etzelmüller et al. 10.5194/esurf-10-97-2022
- Fracture mechanism of rock collapse in the freeze–thaw zone of the eastern Sichuan–Tibet Mountains under seasonal fluctuating combinations of water and heat Y. Wu et al. 10.1007/s11069-021-04781-y
- A decade of detailed observations (2008–2018) in steep bedrock permafrost at the Matterhorn Hörnligrat (Zermatt, CH) S. Weber et al. 10.5194/essd-11-1203-2019
- An integrated approach to investigate climate-driven rockfall occurrence in high alpine slopes: the Bessanese glacial basin, Western Italian Alps C. Viani et al. 10.1007/s11629-020-6216-y
- Debris flows originating in the mountain cryosphere under a changing climate: A review G. Yu et al. 10.1177/0309133320961705
- Water Flows in Rock Wall Permafrost: A Numerical Approach Coupling Hydrological and Thermal Processes F. Magnin & J. Josnin 10.1029/2021JF006394
- A New Method for Predicting the Crack Propagation Process of Brittle Rock Under Thermo-Hydro-Mechanical Loading Conditions W. Yi et al. 10.1109/ACCESS.2021.3076001
- Back analysis of a coastal cliff failure along the Forkastningsfjellet coastline, Svalbard: Implications for controlling and triggering factors D. Kuhn et al. 10.1016/j.geomorph.2021.107850
- Seepage Behaviour of Fractured Rock Mass Infilling Using Different Transfixion Rates under Cyclic Loading S. Wang et al. 10.1155/2021/9995090
- Acoustic and Microseismic Characterization in Steep Bedrock Permafrost on Matterhorn (CH) S. Weber et al. 10.1029/2018JF004615
Latest update: 29 Jan 2023