08 Jan 2019
Research article | 08 Jan 2019
Impacts of topographic shading on direct solar radiation for valley glaciers in complex topography
Matthew Olson and Summer Rupper
Total article views: 2,539 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 13 Apr 2018)Views and downloads (calculated since 13 Apr 2018)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,049 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,037 with geography defined and 12 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,426 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,419 with geography defined and 7 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 623 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 618 with geography defined and 5 with unknown origin.
18 citations as recorded by crossref.
- The optimum daily direction of solar panels in the highlands, derived by an analytical method R. Gardashov et al. 10.1016/j.rser.2019.109668
- Tracing the Palaeolithic settlement patterns in the Western Tian Shan piedmont: an example of predictive GIS modelling use M. Leloch et al. 10.1002/jqs.3393
- Digital elevation model-based convolutional neural network modeling for searching of high solar energy regions J. Heo et al. 10.1016/j.apenergy.2020.114588
- An Examination of Physical Processes That Trigger the Albedo-Feedback on Glacier Surfaces and Implications for Regional Glacier Mass Balance Across High Mountain Asia E. Johnson & S. Rupper 10.3389/feart.2020.00129
- Terrain-Based Shadow Correction Method for Assessing Supraglacial Features on the Greenland Ice Sheet S. Leidman et al. 10.3389/frsen.2021.690474
- Understanding Complex Debris-Covered Glaciers: Concepts, Issues, and Research Directions D. Huo et al. 10.3389/feart.2021.652279
- Glacier-Glacial Lake Interactions and Glacial Lake Development in the Central Himalaya, India (1994–2017) P. Pandey et al. 10.1007/s12583-020-1056-9
- Terrain Induced Biases in Clear-Sky Shortwave Radiation Due to Digital Elevation Model Resolution for Glaciers in Complex Terrain M. Olson et al. 10.3389/feart.2019.00216
- Variability in glacier albedo and links to annual mass balance for the gardens of Eden and Allah, Southern Alps, New Zealand A. Dowson et al. 10.5194/tc-14-3425-2020
- Glacier changes in the Chhombo Chhu Watershed of the Tista basin between 1975 and 2018, the Sikkim Himalaya, India A. Chowdhury et al. 10.5194/essd-13-2923-2021
- Spatio-temporal trends in the surface ice velocities of the central Himalayan glaciers, India A. Shukla & P. Garg 10.1016/j.gloplacha.2020.103187
- Application of an improved surface energy balance model to two large valley glaciers in the St. Elias Mountains, Yukon T. Hill et al. 10.1017/jog.2020.106
- Modelling Permafrost Distribution in Western Himalaya Using Remote Sensing and Field Observations M. Khan et al. 10.3390/rs13214403
- Grand Challenges of Hydrologic Modeling for Food-Energy-Water Nexus Security in High Mountain Asia S. Mishra et al. 10.3389/frwa.2021.728156
- Assimilation of Satellite-Based Snow Cover and Freeze/Thaw Observations Over High Mountain Asia Y. Xue et al. 10.3389/feart.2019.00115
- Atmosphere Driven Mass-Balance Sensitivity of Halji Glacier, Himalayas A. Arndt et al. 10.3390/atmos12040426
- Climate Changes and Their Elevational Patterns in the Mountains of the World N. Pepin et al. 10.1029/2020RG000730
- An Analysis of Observational Environments for Solar Radiation Stations of Korea Meteorological Administration using the Digital Elevation Model and Solar Radiation Model J. Jee et al. 10.5467/JKESS.2018.40.2.119
Latest update: 06 Jul 2022