New observations indicate the possible presence of permafrost in North Africa (Djebel Toubkal, High Atlas, Morocco)
Total article views: 2,667 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 27 Oct 2016)Views and downloads (calculated since 27 Oct 2016)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,667 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,455 with geography defined and 212 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,950 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,774 with geography defined and 176 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 717 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 681 with geography defined and 36 with unknown origin.
19 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Climate of the Marrakech High Atlas, Morocco: Temperature lapse rates and precipitation gradient from piedmont to summits B. Bell et al. 10.1080/15230430.2022.2046897
- Assessment of relative tectonic activity using morphotectonic analysis in the Central High Atlas, Demnate Region, Morocco M. Ouayah et al. 10.1007/s12517-021-07126-y
- Is that a relict rock glacier? R. Colucci et al. 10.1016/j.geomorph.2019.02.002
- Frozen ground and periglacial processes relationship in temperate high mountains: a case study at Monte Perdido-Tucarroya area (The Pyrenees, Spain) E. Serrano et al. 10.1007/s11629-019-5614-5
- The enigma of relict large sorted stone stripes in the tropical Ethiopian Highlands A. Groos et al. 10.5194/esurf-9-145-2021
- Spatial variations in ground surface temperature at various scales on the northeastern Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, China R. Șerban et al. 10.1016/j.catena.2022.106811
- The last glaciers in Africa and their environmental implications J. Knight 10.1016/j.jafrearsci.2023.104863
- Ground thermal regimes and implications for permafrost distribution on Kilimanjaro, Tanzania K. Yoshikawa et al. 10.1080/15230430.2021.1903375
- Permafrost and periglacial processes in mid‐ and low‐latitude mountain regions J. Ruiz‐Fernández et al. 10.1002/ppp.2034
- Permafrost conditions in the Mediterranean region since the Last Glaciation M. Oliva et al. 10.1016/j.earscirev.2018.06.018
- Late Pleistocene glaciers to present-day snowpatches: a review and research recommendations for the Marrakech High Atlas P. Hughes et al. 10.1007/s42990-020-00027-4
- Periglacial environments and frozen ground in the central Pyrenean high mountain area: Ground thermal regime and distribution of landforms and processes E. Serrano et al. 10.1002/ppp.2032
- First evidence of rock wall permafrost in the Pyrenees (Vignemale peak, 3,298 m a.s.l., 42°46′16″N/0°08′33″W) I. Rico et al. 10.1002/ppp.2130
- Statistical understanding for snow cover effects on near-surface ground temperature at the margin of maritime Antarctica, King George Island H. Lim et al. 10.1016/j.geoderma.2021.115661
- Snow hydrology in the Moroccan Atlas Mountains L. Hanich et al. 10.1016/j.ejrh.2022.101101
- Palynological evidence from a sub-alpine marsh of enhanced Little Ice Age snowpack in the Marrakech High Atlas, North Africa B. Bell et al. 10.1007/s00334-021-00837-y
- An hourly ground temperature dataset for 16 high-elevation sites (3493–4377 m a.s.l.) in the Bale Mountains, Ethiopia (2017–2020) A. Groos et al. 10.5194/essd-14-1043-2022
- Assessment of permafrost conditions in the highest mountains of the Balkan Peninsula A. Onaca et al. 10.1016/j.catena.2019.104288
- Timing of Pleistocene glaciations in the High Atlas, Morocco: New 10Be and 36Cl exposure ages P. Hughes et al. 10.1016/j.quascirev.2017.11.015
Discussed (final revised paper)
Latest update: 05 Dec 2023