30 Aug 2018
Research article | 30 Aug 2018
Three years of sea ice freeboard, snow depth, and ice thickness of the Weddell Sea from Operation IceBridge and CryoSat-2
Ron Kwok and Sahra Kacimi
Total article views: 2,341 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 25 May 2018)Views and downloads (calculated since 25 May 2018)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,103 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,089 with geography defined and 14 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,496 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,491 with geography defined and 5 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 607 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 598 with geography defined and 9 with unknown origin.
17 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Snow Thickness Estimation on First-Year Sea Ice from Late Winter Spaceborne Scatterometer Backscatter Variance J. Yackel et al. 10.3390/rs11040417
- Snow Property Controls on Modeled Ku-Band Altimeter Estimates of First-Year Sea Ice Thickness: Case Studies From the Canadian and Norwegian Arctic V. Nandan et al. 10.1109/JSTARS.2020.2966432
- Unpiloted Aerial Vehicle Retrieval of Snow Depth Over Freshwater Lake Ice Using Structure From Motion G. Gunn et al. 10.3389/frsen.2021.675846
- Assessing CryoSat‐2 Antarctic Snow Freeboard Retrievals Using Data From ICESat‐2 S. Fons et al. 10.1029/2021EA001728
- Simulated Ka- and Ku-band radar altimeter height and freeboard estimation on snow-covered Arctic sea ice R. Tonboe et al. 10.5194/tc-15-1811-2021
- Estimating snow depth on Arctic sea ice using satellite microwave radiometry and a neural network A. Braakmann-Folgmann & C. Donlon 10.5194/tc-13-2421-2019
- Implications of surface flooding on airborne estimates of snow depth on sea ice A. Rösel et al. 10.5194/tc-15-2819-2021
- Brief communication: Conventional assumptions involving the speed of radar waves in snow introduce systematic underestimates to sea ice thickness and seasonal growth rate estimates R. Mallett et al. 10.5194/tc-14-251-2020
- A Textural Approach to Improving Snow Depth Estimates in the Weddell Sea M. Mei & T. Maksym 10.3390/rs12091494
- Fully automated snow depth measurements from time-lapse images applying a convolutional neural network M. Kopp et al. 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2019.134213
- Freeboard height and snow depth observed by floating GPS on land-fast sea ice in Nella Fjord, Antarctica Q. Zhang et al. 10.1017/aog.2020.41
- Sea-ice freeboard and thickness in the Ross Sea from airborne (IceBridge 2013) and satellite (ICESat 2003–2008) observations L. Tian et al. 10.1017/aog.2019.49
- The Scientific Legacy of NASA’s Operation IceBridge J. MacGregor et al. 10.1029/2020RG000712
- The Antarctic sea ice cover from ICESat-2 and CryoSat-2: freeboard, snow depth, and ice thickness S. Kacimi & R. Kwok 10.5194/tc-14-4453-2020
- Evaluation of sea-ice thickness from four reanalyses in the Antarctic Weddell Sea Q. Shi et al. 10.5194/tc-15-31-2021
- An Improved Algorithm for the Retrieval of the Antarctic Sea Ice Freeboard and Thickness from ICESat-2 Altimeter Data X. Pang et al. 10.3390/rs14051069
- Winter Arctic Sea Ice Thickness From ICESat‐2 Freeboards A. Petty et al. 10.1029/2019JC015764
Latest update: 18 May 2022