05 Dec 2017
Research article | 05 Dec 2017
Blowing snow detection from ground-based ceilometers: application to East Antarctica
Alexandra Gossart et al.
Total article views: 2,974 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 14 Jun 2017)Views and downloads (calculated since 14 Jun 2017)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,740 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,737 with geography defined and 3 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,874 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,872 with geography defined and 2 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 866 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 865 with geography defined and 1 with unknown origin.
20 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Ice multiplication from ice–ice collisions in the high Arctic: sensitivity to ice habit, rimed fraction, ice type and uncertainties in the numerical description of the process G. Sotiropoulou et al. 10.5194/acp-21-9741-2021
- Case Study of Blowing Snow Impacts on the Antarctic Peninsula Lower Atmosphere and Surface Simulated With a Snow/Ice Enhanced WRF Model L. Luo et al. 10.1029/2020JD033936
- How Does Ground Clutter Affect CloudSat Snowfall Retrievals Over Ice Sheets? C. Palerme et al. 10.1109/LGRS.2018.2875007
- The impact of secondary ice production on Arctic stratocumulus G. Sotiropoulou et al. 10.5194/acp-20-1301-2020
- How does the ice sheet surface mass balance relate to snowfall? Insights from a ground-based precipitation radar in East Antarctica N. Souverijns et al. 10.5194/tc-12-1987-2018
- CCN measurements at the Princess Elisabeth Antarctica research station during three austral summers P. Herenz et al. 10.5194/acp-19-275-2019
- Drifting-snow statistics from multiple-year autonomous measurements in Adélie Land, East Antarctica C. Amory 10.5194/tc-14-1713-2020
- Atmospheric River Signatures in Radiosonde Profiles and Reanalyses at the Dronning Maud Land Coast, East Antarctica I. Gorodetskaya et al. 10.1007/s00376-020-9221-8
- Evaluation of the CloudSat surface snowfall product over Antarctica using ground-based precipitation radars N. Souverijns et al. 10.5194/tc-12-3775-2018
- Importance of Blowing Snow During Cloudy Conditions in East Antarctica: Comparison of Ground-Based and Space-Borne Retrievals Over Ice-Shelf and Mountain Regions A. Gossart et al. 10.3389/feart.2020.00240
- Performance of MAR (v3.11) in simulating the drifting-snow climate and surface mass balance of Adélie Land, East Antarctica C. Amory et al. 10.5194/gmd-14-3487-2021
- GOES-16 Observations of Blowing Snow in Horizontal Convective Rolls on 24 February 2019 A. Kennedy & C. Jones 10.1175/MWR-D-19-0354.1
- Supercooled liquid fogs over the central Greenland Ice Sheet C. Cox et al. 10.5194/acp-19-7467-2019
- Identification of blowing snow particles in images from a Multi-Angle Snowflake Camera M. Schaer et al. 10.5194/tc-14-367-2020
- Sensitivity of the surface energy budget to drifting snow as simulated by MAR in coastal Adelie Land, Antarctica L. Le Toumelin et al. 10.5194/tc-15-3595-2021
- Toward a Satellite‐Derived Climatology of Blowing Snow Over Antarctica S. Palm et al. 10.1029/2018JD028632
- Decision tree-based detection of blowing snow events in the European Alps Z. Xie et al. 10.5194/hess-25-3783-2021
- Bringing Microphysics to the Masses: The Blowing Snow Observations at the University of North Dakota: Education through Research (BLOWN-UNDER) Campaign N. Loeb et al. 10.1175/BAMS-D-20-0199.1
- The vertical structure of precipitation at two stations in East Antarctica derived from micro rain radars C. Durán-Alarcón et al. 10.5194/tc-13-247-2019
- Blowing Snow at McMurdo Station, Antarctica During the AWARE Field Campaign: Surface and Ceilometer Observations N. Loeb & A. Kennedy 10.1029/2020JD033935
Latest update: 08 Aug 2022